The Ship- Hull
- Dinghies - a type of small boat. Dinghies usually range in length from about 2 to 6 m (6 to 20 ft).
- Keelboats / Yacht - is a vehicle that carries on its fuselage a heavy ballast keel in the form of a fin.
- Multihulls - boats with the hull in two/three parts.
- Others - all other hull
The Sails /Rig
The Different Types of Sailboats
- Sloops are single-masted sailboats. If they have just two sails - a foresail and a headsail - then they’re a Bermudan sloop, the purest type of sailboat.
- Cutter sailboats has an additional sail (the staysail) set on its own stay between the foresail and the headsail.
- Cat -A catboat (alternate spelling: cat boat), or a cat-rigged sailboat, is a sailing vessel characterized by a single mast carried well forward (typically near its bow). Generally a catboat has a light and shallow draft hull, wide beam approximately half its length, is gaff riged, and carries a centreboard. (by Wiki)
- Schooner is a two-or-more masted sailboat, in which the aft-most mast - the mainmast - is the same height or taller than the foremast. cutter-rig sailboat has an additional sail (the staysail) set on its own stay between the foresail and the headsail. - See more at: http://www.sailboat-cruising.com/types-of-sailboats.html#sthash.fzYQ0l5W.dpuf
Class und Handicap
The Sailboat-Class and the handicaps are based on the Handicap-List from
Gwendolyn McGinnis and